Displayed in the gym until they are auctioned in the “World Famous” Auction
Our baking contest features high emphasis on quality rather than quantity, and features prizes as well as ribbons. Because the baked goods are “World Famous” they are auctioned off Saturday afternoon in the World Famous Auction.
Entry time: 8:00 to 10:00 AM –
Display time: Saturday until the World Famous Auction
Location: Camp Jonah Gym
Contact: Cory Kirkpatrick 360-823-9971
Judging: Entries will be judged for taste, appearance, and quality.
HOW TO ENTER
Entry forms will be available at the event on Fair Day, 8:00 to 10:00 AM
- Each contestant may enter as many items per category as they like, in any or all categories.
- All plates and dishes will be sold with your baked goods at our World Famous Auction, so please don’t enter your cake on Granny’s heirloom cake platter!
- Please do not enter any perishable items –
cremes, custards, cream pies, mousse or any other items that must be refrigerated.
THERE WILL BE THREE (3) DIVISIONS:
- ADULT DIVISION: 15 years and older
- JUNIOR DIVISION: Age 10-
- CHILDREN’S DIVISION: Through age 9
THERE WILL BE SIX (6) CATEGORIES OF BAKING: Cakes • Pies • Yeast Bread • Cookies • Quick Bread • Candy.
- Muffin entries should include at least eight (8) samples.
- Candy and cookie entries should include at least twelve (12) samples of uniform size and color.
RIBBONS AND PRIZES:
- Blue, Red, and White Ribbons for each division in each category.
- One of the blue ribbon entries will be selected by the judges as the Best of Show and will be awarded a rosette.
- Ribbons and the rosette are worth points toward some great prizes.
- There will be a Grand Prize and 2nd and 3rd place prizes in each Division
- Adult Division Grand Prize: (Thanks to Little Mountain Hardware): A heavy duty 5 Quart KitchenAid Mixer (your choice of color), or a $200.00 gift certificate from the hardware store.
Other Prizes: Just wait ‘til you see the other prizes. They’re sure to delight the recipient.
****We are asking former Grand Champions to donate their winning entry or an entry of their choice to our auction. Thank you!